1. Today is my 28th birthday. Saying that sounds weird to me. I’ll be thirty in two years and that just seems unreal! So far life has been pretty good to me.
2. This will be the first year in a long time that I’m not having a summer party! My brother’s birthday is the 28th and we usually have a party together… not this year! He moved to Texas with my oldest brother and I am not organized enough yet with 2 young ones. We usually…
3. Have an adult pinata at our summer party. It’s always a big hit. We put lots of fun things in it and it’s fun to act like a kid and see who busts it open! Everyone makes a mad dash to pick up all the goodies…. as adults we might actually be worse than the kids.
The usual suspects:
Mini bottles of liquor
Some sort of candy
Plastic shot glasses
Packets of Tylenol (or other pain reliever)
In the past, before kids, we put some very adult items in it like condoms and little lubes…. we’re just not that cool anymore!
I have also done a 30 birthday one for my oldest brother and put growing old items in with the usual. I added tuck pads and antacids.
4. I am going out this weekend. This will be my first night away from T2. We are going to go out to dance and have a few drinks and then will end up back at my house for more socializing. I’m pretty excited! My Mom is taking both girls overnight. She’s awesome!
5. I’m getting new dishes for my birthday! I’m getting Corelle. They are inexpensive and very durable. I bought more expensive ones when first got married and they are chipped and not looking so good. Growing up we always had Corelle and they didn’t break easily and that is what I need with my little ones! Getting household things for your birthday definitely means your an adult!