I’m linking up with Darci over at The Good Life Blog for Five on Friday and Lauren at Lauren Elizabeth for H54F
1. I had a great time this past weekend meeting up the ladies to Celebrate Jenny’s birthday! It’s nice get out with friends and not have your kids hanging all over you. We all need some adult time every once in a while and it was wonderful.
2. I started a part-time job and I am loving it. I haven’t worked since right before I had Ayla. It’s been nice to actually shower and wear nice clothes again. It’s easy to get into a habit of being just a Mom. Somedays I am just to busy to worry about myself and having a job makes me take time to look and smell good! When you look good you feel good!
3. I’m going out of town for a couple of days for training… in Nashville. I’m excited and nervous. Excited to train, get out of town and to sleep by myself! Nervous to leave my girls. I will miss them so much!
4. My babies are just getting so big and it’s just sad. I want them to grow as they should but it seems like it goes so fast. I just want it all to slow down.
5. It’s breastfeeding month… so in honor of that:
Let’s normalize breastfeeding!
On Sunday, July 21st, my littlest lady was Baptized. It was a great celebration.
“One tiny hand to guide and hold,
One tiny life to shape and mold;
each child, a gift from God above,
a symbol of His strength and love.”
– Author Unknown
Her God Parents are Kim and Margaret. Luckily our church allows you to have two god-mothers! Speaking of our Church, Father Taranto is amazing and hilarious! I am so thankful for such an amazing man leading our parish.
Kim, T2 and Margaret
Aunt Kim and T2
Margaret and T2
We had family and friends there to witness her baptism.
Mimee, Honey and Ayla
Mamaw, Aunt Kim, Shaun and Ayla
Jenny and Ayla
The Peanut Gallery
Bella, Mags and Ayla
Aunt Kim and Cousin Kenna
My friend Melodie was getting her son Baptized also. They are one day apart in age!
Giovanni and Ayla in their Baptismal Get-ups
Jeremy, Melodie and Giovanni
We celebrated after with cake!
Livvy sneaking frosting!
It was a great time! I am happy that my little lady is baptized and I am just truly blessed.
My little family!
I often get questions about why infants are baptized. If you are interested in the answer read this article.
I’m linking up with Darci over at The Good Life Blog for Five on Friday and Lauren at Lauren Elizabeth for H54F…My birthday Edition!
1. Today is my 28th birthday. Saying that sounds weird to me. I’ll be thirty in two years and that just seems unreal! So far life has been pretty good to me.
2. This will be the first year in a long time that I’m not having a summer party! My brother’s birthday is the 28th and we usually have a party together… not this year! He moved to Texas with my oldest brother and I am not organized enough yet with 2 young ones. We usually…
3. Have an adult pinata at our summer party. It’s always a big hit. We put lots of fun things in it and it’s fun to act like a kid and see who busts it open! Everyone makes a mad dash to pick up all the goodies…. as adults we might actually be worse than the kids.
The usual suspects:
Mini bottles of liquor
Some sort of candy
Plastic shot glasses
Packets of Tylenol (or other pain reliever)
In the past, before kids, we put some very adult items in it like condoms and little lubes…. we’re just not that cool anymore!
I have also done a 30 birthday one for my oldest brother and put growing old items in with the usual. I added tuck pads and antacids.
4. I am going out this weekend. This will be my first night away from T2. We are going to go out to dance and have a few drinks and then will end up back at my house for more socializing. I’m pretty excited! My Mom is taking both girls overnight. She’s awesome!
5. I’m getting new dishes for my birthday! I’m getting Corelle. They are inexpensive and very durable. I bought more expensive ones when first got married and they are chipped and not looking so good. Growing up we always had Corelle and they didn’t break easily and that is what I need with my little ones! Getting household things for your birthday definitely means your an adult!